2021 GLOBAL YEAR ABOUT BACK PAIN
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP), an affiliate of the WHO, for the last 16 years has hosted Global Years of advocacy and awareness for internationally significant clinical pain conditions (https://www.iasp-pain.org/GlobalYear).
- 16 EVOLVE Webinar title: Cognitive biases in clinical decision making. Session description: We like to think our decision making is rational. That we make the most logical decision with the information available. However, behavioural science tells us this is not true. Our decision making is influenced by biases, and physicians are not immune to this. Join Professor Ian Scott in a discussion about the cognitive biases that physicians experience in their clinical decision making and how this can play a role in the continued delivery of low-value care. The webinar will be held on Tuesday, 16 February 2021, 6pm-7pm (AEDT)/8pm-9pm (NZDT). Click here to register.
- 17 @ 8pm AEDT ARA Webinar: Opioids and Inflammatory Arthritis – the Current State of Evidence to complement the release of the draft living guideline. While rheumatologists don’t prescribe many opioids themselves, the data shows that there is still a high percentage of rheumatology patients on opioids. How can we better manage and support these patients and their general practitioners to reduce inappropriate opioid use? If you would like some practical tips on managing these types of patients in your practice this webinar is for you.
Prof Catherine Hill (ARA President) will host the webinar and will also present data on opioid use in rheumatology patients from the Rheumatoid Arthritis PBS Practice Review, ARAD and her own clinical practice in Adelaide.
Dr Sam Whittle (ANZMUSC Practitioner Fellow)will present the evidence or lack thereof for the use of opioids in inflammatory arthritis and the new living guideline.
Michael Vagg (Pain Specialist) will present ways in which rheumatologists and other allied health professionals can support general practitioners and their rheumatology patients who are on opioids.
Richard Kwiatek and Simon Bell (Pharmacist) will join the presenters as panellists for a Q&A discussion at the end.
To register for the webinar please click here.
- 15 (dates TBC) ANZMUSC Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide SA. Click here for more information.
- 6, 9, 12, 16-18 Lupus Academy's 10th Annual Meeting to be held virtually. Registration is free of charge. For more information, click here.
- 18-21 2021 Australian Pain Society 41st Annual Scientific Meeting, National Convention Centre, Canberra Australia. Click here for more information.
- 29 April - 14 May RACP Congress Series, Transformation, Adapting for the Future. Click here for more information.
- 8-9 Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG) SMC Conference and Function Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia Theme: Rheumatology and Tumour Imaging. Click here for more information.
- 21-23 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting - Hybrid with Satellite Hubs, ICC Sydney, NSW - Click here for more information.
- 28 May – 1 June The 12th International Congress on Autoimmunity will now take place in Athens, Greece on 28 May – 1 June, 2021. Click here for more information.
- 21-23 KCR 2021
41st KCR Annual ScientificMeeting and the 15th International Symposium, Seoul Dragon City, Seoul, Korea. More information
- 18-22 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre- more information will be available as soon as possible. Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5-9 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Grand Chancellor Hotel, Hobart. More information will be available as soon as possible. Queries: email@example.com
- 18-21 May, Joint ARA/NZRA Annual Scientific Meeting, Christchurch, New Zealand. More information will be available as soon as possible.
- 2-6 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide Convention and Exhibition Centre- more information will be available as soon as possible. Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org