- 23 November 2020 - 25 January 2021 The Chronic Conditions Course is a new online treatment course designed to provide practical skills for managing the impact of chronic health conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis and lupus amongst others, on emotional wellbeing and quality of life. The course itself includes five online lessons which are delivered over 8-weeks, and the lessons are accompanied by lots of additional resources and practical guides. Our clinicians support people throughout the course, and help them with using the information and skills covered in the course. For more information and to apply, please click here.
- 1 The webinar will be held on Tuesday 1 December 2020 @5.30PM-6.30PM (AEDT). Register here. The Royal Australasian College of Physicians is hosting an interactive session in collaboration with the Australian Digital Health Agency on Marking optimal clinical use of My Health Record. The session will include a special guest speaker Dr Matthew Grant who will share his experiences with using digital health technology.
The webinar will include:
- Live demo showing how to find key clinical info (including Medicines information, pathology reports, advance care planning documents as well as Medicare billing information and the Australian Immunisation Register)
- Current work in each state/territory to enhance existing public hospital integration with My Health Record
- For private practice, resources and support to get connected to My Health Record
- Q&A with ADHA Clinical Lead Dr Matthew Grant FRACGP, FAChPM
- 1 Managing pain without fuelling the opioid crisis:
The role of the rheumatologist in the management of pain. Tuesday 1 December, 7pm AEDTChairperson Dr John Moi
Speakers Dr Noam Winter and Clinical Professor Geoff Littlejohn. Please join us to hear from Dr Noam Winter, Anaesthetist/Pain management specialist, and Clinical Professor Littlejohn whose longstanding interest in musculoskeletal pain and fibromyalgia have made him a highly respected researcher and educator in the area;
To be presented with practical methods of managing your patients through these particularly challenging times. There will be an emphasis on case studies and time for Q&A. Click here for more information.
- 4-6 Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine (ASLM) virtual conference Lifestyle Medicine 2020
- 8 The Institute for Musculoskeletal Health is holding a special online event titled ‘Changing minds about health and medicine’ on Tuesday 8 December 12:30- 1:30pm. To register click here.
- 11 The Academy of Child and Adolescent Health Webinar Series 2020 Webinar 4 1pm AEDT Dean Hayden will be talking to two game-changers in Child and Adolescent Health. Professor Zulfi Bhutta and Professor Susan Sawyer will discuss the current challenges we face globally and our progress towards the target of health equity. Please click here to register.
State Zoom Meetings - accessible to all members of the ARA
Registration details to to follow.
24/10 Registrar presentations and AGM for the usual weekend ASM
2/12 Post ACR
- 18-21 2021 Australian Pain Society 41st Annual Scientific Meeting, National Convention Centre, Canberra Australia. Click here for more information.
- 8-9 Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG) SMC Conference and Function Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia Theme: Rheumatology and Tumour Imaging. Click here for more information.
- 21-23 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, ICC Sydney, NSW - more information will be available as soon as possible - Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28 May – 1 June The 12th International Congress on Autoimmunity will now take place in Athens, Greece on 28 May – 1 June, 2021. Click here for more information.
18-22 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre- more information will be available as soon as possible - Queries: email@example.com
19-23 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide Convention and Exhibition Centre- more information will be available as soon as possible - Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org