- 24 Bone Cast Webinar: Atypical femur fractures - what have we learnt so far?
Speaker: Prof Peter Ebling Time: 5pm AEST
In this webinar, Professor Ebeling will review the latest evidence on the epidemiology, pathophysiology and management of atypical femur fractures (AFF). He will investigate the evidence for an effect of ethnicity on AFF risk, as well as compare the risk of AFF with reductions in fragility fractures seen with long-term bisphosphonate use. The tissue level changes in bone mineralization in AFF will be described, as well as current data on possible genetic and bone geometric contributions to the pathophysiology of AFF. Register here.
- 1 ARA CPSIG National Journal Club on Thursday 1st October at 7.30pm AEST (Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney). Presented by: Dr David Champion AM and Dr Richard Kwiatek. To join Zoom Meeting, click here.
Meeting ID: 919 0604 8247 Passcode: 065524 (Note that passcodes will be mandatory for Zoom meetings by this date)
- 6 Applications are now open (close 18 September) to submit a research idea or proposal for presentationat the ANZMUSC 2020 Virtual Mid-year Meeting(Tuesday October 6th, 1pm - 5pm AEDST) via Zoom Please read more about the Open-Forum Proposal application process and complete the form and submission of your proposal here.
- 12 ARA Webinar Allied Health Free Papers:
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Monday, 12 October 2020 at 6pm AEST/8pm NZDT/5.30 ACDT/3pm AWST. Presented by: Dr Geraldine Hassett. Presentations by: • Dr Glen Whittaker
• Dr Jason Rogers • Dr Danielle Berkovic • Dr Julia Gaudin & Dr Carlos El Haddad. Register in advance for this webinar here:
- 21-23 Virtual KCR [Scholarship] KCR 2020 will be a safe Virtual Congress. Click here for more information.
- 24-29 Virtual APLAR 2020, Kyoto, Japan. Early Bird Registration closes on 15 September 2020. Click here for more information.
- 6-11 ACR, Washington, USA. Click here for more information.
- 14-15 PAIN2020 Hyatt Regency Sydney NSW Australia. Click here for more information.
- 16 ARA Webinar Clinical Grand Rounds: Registration details to follow.
- 18-19 59th ASMR National Scientific Conference (now virtual). Abstracts accepted until 25 September (please note there will be no extensions after this date). We are excited to announce that this year ASMR members will receive a FREE registration! However, you will still need to officially register through the online portal to attend the meeting, and so that we can contact you with the relevant meeting information and access details. Head to the NSC website to get the ball rolling: https://asmr.org.au/asmr-nsc/
- 4-6 Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine (ASLM) virtual conference Lifestyle Medicine 2020
State Zoom Meetings - accessible to all members of the ARA
Registration details to to follow.
24/10 Registrar presentations and AGM for the usual weekend ASM
2/12 Post ACR
- 8-9 Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG) SMC Conference and Function Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia Theme: Rheumatology and Tumour Imaging. Click here for more information.
- TBC ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, ICC Sydney, NSW - more information will be available as soon as possible - Queries: email@example.com
- 28 May – 1 June The 12th International Congress on Autoimmunity will now take place in Athens, Greece on 28 May – 1 June, 2021. Click here for more information.
18-22 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre- more information will be available as soon as possible - Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
19-23 ARA Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide Convention and Exhibition Centre- more information will be available as soon as possible - Queries: email@example.com